Wednesday, May 5, 2010

18 months old

May 4th
My SWEET little Ruby is 18 months old and she is trying to find her way in this crazy house. She is definitely a little copy cat and wants to do EVERYTHING her sisters do, she has NO idea she is a BABY. Some of her favorite things are TOOTHBRUSHES and she is often find with one in her mouth. I can't figure out how she can find one no matter where she is in the house. Unfortunately she likes to share her toothbrush with Daisy-yuck. Daisy and Ruby are buddies, sometimes she just hangs out on Daisy's bed with her and it really is pretty cute. She LOVES to give Daisy her food, but she has NO tolerance for Tank eating her food-too funny. She has started CLIMBING everything, I have found her on top of the kitchen table to many times to count. She is OBSESSED with getting on the kitchen and bathroom stools, (of course when she is in the kids bathroom she then notices the toothbrushes- arrgg). She loves to HUG! I still rock her before her nap (not everyday, but a lot). She knows where her nose, mouth, eyes, head, belly button, feet and hands are and her favorite is her mouth. Ruby of course LOVES her blankie and THUMB! She can say: mama, dada, dog, cat, nite nite, bye bye, sissy, ball, and I am sure I am forgetting a few. She loves being held. Ruby is a nightmare in church!!! NIGHTMARE!!! The best thing about Ruby is the way she smells, I could hold her and smell her all day. We have added a new nickname to the already long list, Rubics Cube. Don't ask me how that one came about, but Brian said it one day and it just stuck! (other names include: Ruby Red, Rubs, pumpkin pie, Ruby Dooby Doo, Ruby Tuesday-she was born on a tues.,) What is crazy is I have NEVER liked nicknames, but she definitely has her fair share. Last but not least this little person can make really BIG messes, but we wouldn't have it any other way. She completes our family and brings us all JOY!
We LOVE our baby GIRL!!

hanging out with her best friend
"See I am big I sit at the table just like my sisters." She just started doing this a week ago. I sometimes let her have a snack this way, but I am still all about the highchair right now!
Eating her first ice cream cone.
YUMMY!!!
Look at those EYES!!!

6 comments:

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Great post, Tillia. She is such a doll. I swear she is the spitting image of you.

Alyssa also has a stack of nicknames. "Lyssa Lou" is what her brothers call her. It melts my heart.

Great job on your run. Do your talents ever stop?

Stacie said...

Love the post! The pic of her and daisy is sooooo... sweet. did she get that way all by herself?
Also I love the little striped outfit! I miss you ruby!

Becky Leland said...

Getting so big - total CUTENESS!!!

Can't wait to see everyone!

Carrie said...

You have the cutest kiddos! Those eyes just melt my heart...I LOVE the picture with Daisy! She is definitely a keeper! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE SMILES :)!! She is too cute! And doesn't everybody carry toothbrushes around all the time?? ;)

aleksi said...

she has so many teeth! big girl.