I was waiting for Claire at dance the other morning and I was watching this boy who was there with his parents and he was acting so weird. He wasn't any weirder than any other 5 year old boy -making odd noises, doing some very interesting dance moves, pretending to shoot the floor, ETC! The sad part is his Dad was clearly irritated.
Dad says "get over here"
Boy: skips over to his dad
Dad jerks his arm and tells him to "STOP BEING SO WEIRD"
I really felt bad for the kid, I am sure the Dad is a good dad and loves his "weird" boy, but to tell him to stop being weird is like telling the sun not to rise, BOYS are WEIRD!! It is just a fact, they can't help it. (Especially 5 year old boys).
Just my observation for the day!!!!
6 comments:
so true! this is a lesson for all of us to just let our weird boys be weird.
Sad when parents won't let their kids be kids!
I LOVE THIS POST!!! So true, boys ARE weird! No matter how old they are!!!
5 year old boys? Also 38 year old boys. They're very weird.
doesn't matter how old the boy - they are weird! - but you gotta LOVE them!!!
Amen! This dad needs to loosen up and enjoy it. There definitely times a places when you have to rein in the weird boy though. I wish people at church would do it more often!!!!
Post a Comment