Thursday, May 28, 2009

It has happened!

Today I was on the phone with my sister and someone called in with a number I didn't know, so I switched over to answer it and here's what I heard.
"Hi is Coleman there?" in a little girls voice. I said "No sweetie, he isn't here can I take a message" she said "Yes can you tell him Gabby called". " I sure will". 

So it has happened, my son has gotten his first call from a girl.  Gabby is a girl in his class at school and she is such a cute and fun girl.  Anyway, Coleman gets home and I tell him who called and he was so embarrassed,  he was totally blushing and wasn't sure if he was going to call her back or not.  I told him she might just want to invite you to a party or something. I said you don't want to hurt her feelings so just call and say hey, it's no big deal. So he did and he got the answering machine and he left a message.  He looked so relieved, it was so cute.  I know it is completely harmless, but I just can't believe we are entering this stage in parenting.  I am sure she will be the first of many. 

2 comments:

Becky Leland said...

oh yes, this is the beginning - I bet Gabby is the person that said Coleman is "good looking"!

Anonymous said...

Oh it is on now! Go Coleman. This will break my heart one day I know lol.